13 Sep Tour in the Cape Winelands
South Africa´s wine history is dating back to 1659. Join my favourite tour through the Cape Winelands and experience a broad spectrum of iconic estates.
For me one of the most beautiful areas in South Africa are the Cape Winelands, a collection of historic towns specialised in wine making. When I first went on a wine tour in the Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl area, the landscape took my breath away. Besides that, I was amazed by the variety of wine makers and their outstanding wines.
Going on a wine tour through the Cape Winelands is a must while in South Africa. I have tested many tours but eventually I can honestly recommend this full day wine tour of a South African tour operator:
What makes this tour special to me:
- All farms on this route are meticulously chosen so that you will experience a broad spectrum of iconic estates.
- You will also visit smaller family run farms, which are only known to locals and whose wines you can barely find anywhere else in the world. On those farms you get to meet the winemakers which share their stories with you.
- You get to pair artisanal chocolate (fair trade accredited) and locally produced world class cheeses with award winning wines. The cheese and chocolate enhance the flavours and make you appreciate the true beauty of the wine.
- Within a Cellar tour you get to sample wine directly out of the oak barrels.
- The guides are super professional and will teach you about the countries wine history.
What is included in the tour:
- 4 or 5 tastings (depends on the tour) including cheese and chocolate pairing
- super yummy lunch
- vineyard & cellar tour
- local treats
- pick up and drop off
- guide and transport
About the tour operator:
- fully registered and licensed South African tour operator with many years of experience in the tourism industry
- accredited with SAYTC and Cape Town Tourism
ZAR 880 (ZAR – South African Rands)
Option 1 – Stellenbosch Region – Daily (Monday-Sunday)
Option 2 – Stellenbosch/Franschhoek (Monday and Wednesday Only)
More convincing arguments:
You still need more convincing? I don´t think so! Would you like to join one of the Cape Wineland tours or would like more information?
Then quickly drop me an e-mail to: [email protected]
I will put you in touch with the tour operator and will send you a Promo Code for a 10 % discount once you book.
[Disclaimer: Please note I only recommend tours that fit my travel philosophy, that are run by people I know or that I have done myself. I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you once you get linked to the tour operator through me. This tiny commission will help support my blog hosting and other maintenance costs. All my opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way. Thank you!]