Leipzig is probably the most up and coming city in Germany right now. Most of my close friends live in Leipzig and I have literally spent half of my life there. That´s why I feel so connected to the city. In order to skip the tourist traps and experience city and country side like a local I put together a list of top 10 things to do and see in Leipzig:
1. Explore Leipzig New Lakeland (check out my vlog)
2. Chill and mingle with locals at the “Sachsenbrücke” in summertime
3. Dance your feet off at one of the various festivals in the area of Leipzig
(for instance: Th!nk?, Pow Wow, Melt, Highfield, Zilp Zalp, Summer Inspiration)
4. Party in one of the oldest clubs in Germany: Distillery
5. Try one of the specialities of Leipzig: Leipziger Lerche and Gosebeer
6. Visit one of the various Galleries in Tapetenwerk, Werk 2, Alte Spinnerei, Westwerk…
7. Relax at Clara-Zetkin-Park
8. Hang out for one evening in Karl-Heine-Strasse
9. Hang out for one evening at Karli (Karl-Liebknecht-Street)
10. Go on a boat or kayak tour and explore the waterways and canals of Leipzig
Keen to find more information on the above mentioned things?
My Ultimate Guide for Leipzig and my vlog you are going to find here.
More information about Leipzig itself you are going to find on: “I love Leipzig”.
Don´t forget to pin my post:
As usual all opinions are my own.
Have you been to Leipzig? What was your favourite activity? Let me know in the comments.
Find more posts about Leipzig: