TOP 10 Things to do in Johannesburg
Are you visiting South Africa soon? Then please add Johannesburg to your bucket list. I have been to Joburg 4 times already and I love “The City of Gold”. My reasons for that you can find here. My TOP 10 of things to do in Johannesburg I listed here:
1. Visit Walther Sisulu Botanical Garden
This garden is a beautiful natural area with hiking trails, picnic spots and wildlife.
2. Shop souvenirs at “The Kwa Mai-Mai Traditional Healers Market”
The “Kwa Mai Mai” market is known to be the oldest market in Johannesburg.
3. Visit “The University of Witwatersrand”
This university is one of the most famous universities in South Africa.
4. Explore the vibrant student area of Braamfontein
My suggestion for an amazing Saturday:
- start off with yummi food at the “Neighbourgoods Market”
- chill at the rooftop bar “The Beach”
- carry on partying at “Kitchener´s”
5. Go on a Soweto tour
Must sees are “Hector Pieterson Memorial” and “Vilakazi Street”. This street is the only street in the world that used to house 2 Nobel Prize winners, Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu.
6. Take a tour at Apartheid Museum and learn about South Africa´s history
7. Watch a cricket game at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium
8. Explore the vibrant neighbourhood of Maboneng
- explore “Art´s on Main”
- get yummy food at “Market on Main”
- check out the nice bars and restaurant along “Fox Street”
9. Visit Constitution Hill
Constitution Hill used to be a prison and is now a museum and home to South Africa´s Constitutional Court.
10. Enjoy a breathtaking view of Johannesburg
Carlton Center is the tallest building in Johannesburg. On the 50 th floor is has a viewing platform that offers an stunning view of Johannesburg.
Don´t forget to pin my post:
Where to stay in Johannesburg:
You are looking for a vibrant, cool place to stay? My favourite place is: “Once in Joburg”
If this is not your vibe, here you can find the best deals:
How to get to Johannesburg?
I always book my flights with Skyscanner. This flight search engine will find the best flight deals for you:
For sure, there are much more things to do in Johannesburg. Here you can find out more.
Have you been to Johannesburg? What did you like about the city?
Would you like to read and see more about my Africa trips? Here we go!
[Disclaimer: This blog post contains some affiliate links. Booking a tour may earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you for the tour. This tiny commission will help support my blog hosting and other maintenance costs. All my opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way. Thank you!]